Monday 14 May 2012

Kitty Nail Art

A few weeks ago now, I saw Gem post about Jan Christie nail stickers, which at the time were available on eBay. I had a look through the designs and fell in love with the adorable cats, but I didn't have the spare cash. When it got to payday I saw Gem tweet Jan Christie on Twitter, and I went straight to their brand new website to place an order. It just so happens that I was the first order of the day so I received some free samples with the black cat silhouette I originally ordered! I was also originally overcharged on postage, but even though the issue was resolved in minutes and the team were super lovely about it, they threw in a few extra sheets for me anyway - amazing!

Photobucket


I finally had some time to try them out this weekend, and decided to try the 'Tabby cat with white blaze'. Now, I'm absolutely rubbish at nail art, I can't really do anything with my left hand so I was a bit worried as to how it would turn out, but it was a lot easier to do than I thought. I didn't even use tweezers to apply the stickers as suggested, I just used my fingers, and it was fine! The only problem I had was that the largest stickers were a little too large for my stubby little nails, but I think that was partly due to me not cutting them as effectively as I should have done! I used Models Own Peach Puff, which is a great nude base for these stickers, and they show up really well on it.

Photobucket


I'm so pleased with how they look and can't wait to try out my other stickers. I'm also planning on taking some photos of Alberto and Sookie and getting some custom stickers made!

Photobucket


Things I have learnt from my first application:
  • Cut out the sticker right to the edge. As you can see in the close up photo, you can see the edge of the sticker so I think it would look better cut right around the image
  • Use tweezers! Your fingers are fine for your thumb but when it gets to your little finger it's hard to place them right first time
  • I'm not sure which way up they should be? I like them this way, because I can spend all my time looking at my cat nails, but I'm not sure if they should face outwards?
The instructions are really clear, but they have posted a video on their website too if you need some advice!

Have you tried these nail stickers? I'd love to see photos!

1 comment:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

If you saw what I saw… Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s gonna be like for us if ya believe: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most-extra-blatant-and-groovy, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, robustNrisquĂ©, party-hardy, eternal-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. YES! For God, anything and everything and more! is possible!! Meet me Upstairs. Cya soon...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...