Sunday 21 August 2011

An Evening at Joe Brown's

When I received an invite to the launch of Joe Brown's A/W 11 collection I have to admit that I didn't really know anything about the brand. Ryan knew that they had a catalogue, but that was about it, so I had a look at the website and thought they looked unconventional and very unique.

I was looking forward to the event both to find out more about the brand, and to meet other bloggers, as this was the first bloggers event I'd been invited to! Everyone at Joe Browns was really friendly, the food was yummy and the warehouse looked really nice with all the clothes from the collection on display.

Photobucket

I was a bit late (missed the train from work I wanted to get) so I didn't have time to have a chat and meet all the bloggers before the Joe Brown's team started talking to us about the brand, how it started and their vision for the collection. The the buyers for the womenswear and menswear spoke to us about the theme for the season and their inspiration, which is something I found really interesting. I like to know how brands decide on the direction of their collections, and it was really great to hear about their travels and the method they use when buying.

Photobucket

Now to the clothes, I must admit that there were some items that just weren't my style, some pieces were slightly too embellished or the patterns just weren't to my taste. However, there were some dresses, knitwear and that fur coat that I just fell in love with. The team were very generous and our goodie bags contained a voucher for us to spend on anything we like, I've decided to wait until the full collection is available online, but flicking through the catalogue I think I should look at a dresses and knitwear instead of the coat. And OMG I loved that coat.

Photobucket

I'd like to say thank you to the Joe Brown's team for inviting me along and paying for my taxi to the event and back to the train station (much appreciated) and for the amazing voucher, I'm excited to spend it! Plus, another big thank you to all the bloggers I met, I had a fab time and it was great to meet you all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah! Knew you'd mention THAT coat! :) Nice post, lovely meeting you on Fri. Hopefully see you again soon!

Charlotte x

Becs @ Lay the table said...

Hi Laura,

Thanks so much for coming to our event, we really enjoyed having you! We think the coat you loved is a real winner - maybe we'll see a picture of it on your blog?

Best wishes from all the Joe Browns team!
Becs @ Joe Browns

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...