Monday 12 September 2011

Lunch at Jamie's Italian

As you may know (ha!) it was mine and Ryan's anniversary this week so on Saturday we went to Jamie's Italian for a celebratory lunch. I've been once before but Ryan has never been so it was really exciting to choose from the menu and try new dishes.

To start we had a meat platter (which I forgot to photograph) which included: Seasonal cured meat: Tuscan fennel salami, pistachio mortadella, San Daniele prosciutto and Schiacciata piccante, Italian cheeses: buffalo mozzarella and pecorino with amazing chilli jam, Pickles, curly green chillies, green & Gaeta olives and caper berries and Crunchy salad shaved root veg with chilli, lemon and mint. We had this to share and it was delicious, the cheeses especially were amazing, really really tasty.

Next, we both chose pasta dishes for our main course. I went for Scallop and Squid Ink Spaghetti, I've never had squid ink pasta before but was really fancying some seafood so was really excited to try it. The menu described it as Brixham scallops with chilli, parsley, anchovies, wine and capers and it came and looked beautiful and smelt incredible, really fishy and wine-y! It tasted amazing, the scallops just melted in your mouth and the spaghetti was tasty and had a great texture.

Photobucket
Ryan chose Bucatini Carbonara which, according to the menu was: tubular spaghetti with crispy fried smoked pancetta and ribbons of leek, tossed with free range eggs and Parmesa. When this came to the table it looked delicious and the smell was just WOW. I tried a bit of pancetta and it was beautiful, Ryan thought the dish was brilliant, one of the best dishes he's ever had at a restaurant!
Photobucket
 Ryan didn't want as desert, but I definitely wanted The Ultimate Brownie, and it really was ultimate! A chocolate raspberry and amaretto brownie with vanilla ice cream, it was so sweet and gooey even though it was served at room temperature and the raspberries added a bit of bite so the sweetness wasn't overpowering. My mouth is watering just remembering it!
Photobucket
So, overall, we had an amazing meal, and it was very reasonably priced for the quality of the food and the brilliant service we had too. You can find out more about Jamie's Italian here. Oh, and this is what I wore:
Photobucket

Just to point out I wasn't asked to write this review, me and Ryan just decided to go and the food was so good I wanted to share it with you!

5 comments:

Kathy Brown said...

I absolutely love Jamie's! The spag bol made my life complete and I am now an official addict!

Happy anniversary to you and your boyf, and you looked fabulous! :) Xx

Victoria said...

Sounds lovely, I'm wanting to go soon :)

MISS LUCY... said...

That brownie is one of the yummiest I've ever eaten! And I love the bathrooms there x

Anonymous said...

I love Jamie's too, the cocktails are amazing! It's just a shame they don't like to book parties in xx

ellenahill.blogspot.com

Laura said...

Thank you for your lovely comments! Glad I'm not the only Jamie fan hehe!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...