Sunday 17 July 2011

Style on a Sunday: Summer Fashion in Winter Weather

The little village outside of Leeds which I call home can't be the only place where summer has arrived for all of about two days and disappeared, so I'm assuming everyone is having the same problem with style at the moment?! I have absolutely no idea what to wear in this weather so I seem to be reaching for old favourites from the colder months mixed with a few summer additions:

Photobucket
Top: George at Asda, Vest (worn underneath): Topshop, Leggings: New Look
Shoes: Primark, Jacket: Pilot, Bag: New Look

My mum was having a wardrobe clearout a few months ago and offered me this denim jacket, I'd been looking for a cheap one anyway, so it was perfect timing! It's really comfy and a good length on me (I think) but I kind of want to rough it up a bit, so I'm going to have a look around for some distressed denim tutorials - I am no designer so I need all the help I can get so I don't ruin it - any tips?

I added white loafers to this predominantly black outfit to try and summer it up a bit, I think it worked, made it a bit more suitable for a July evening at the pub for birthday drinks with Ryan and some friends.

What are your wardrobe staples for this confusing weather? How do you make an outfit summery while keeping warm? I'd love to hear from you.

4 comments:

heartshapedbruise. said...

The weather is a serious pain in the arse at the moment. I don't even have anything constructive or useful to say, just needed to say that!

www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

Good outfit! I think sandpaper is a good one for 'ageing' denim!

Eloise said...

Love the denim jacket : )

Anonymous said...

lovee the outfit!!!
please visit my blog, would be an honour!
It's Fashion Damnit
Lottie
xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...